Wednesday, February 08, 2006

cold outbreak no more

well, the cold air poised to smoke us turned out to be ... a lot of hot air.

so to speak.

i had my doubts, starting yesterday, when i didn't see any truly cold air up in alaska.

the end result? well, we're going to get cold fronted overnight tonight. it'll snow, and it'll get breezy.

but it won't get all that cold.

now when i look at the long-term pattern, it looks a little more dynamic, though. a system every couple of days, meaning a few cm of snow to shovel.

the coldest high i see over the next 10 days or so, now, is -10. and the coldest low? -18.

hardly the icy blast it looked like before.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can handel that! However, I'm starting to get storm weary but its coming! I can just smell those humid days coming. Thats the smell of storms! (yes, I am a weather geek!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home