Saturday, July 11, 2009

Northwest Ontario tornado

On another note, the first deadly tornado in Canada in 3 years occurred the other day. It was somewhere in the forested area of northwestern Ontario. The video, in a likely time-sensitive link, is at this link. According to my sources, it looked classic on RADAR.

It's a tragedy to have people killed in a tornado. Although I love to watch them, I (and most, probably all) people I know never. Ever. Want to see anyone hurt by them. This, in part, is why we chase--aside from the aesthetic beauty of a storm, we're there to help warn of impending danger. It's what we do.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Brandon Brown said...

Pretty sad situation there. =/ I grew up in Kenora and never thought I'd hear of a killer tornado around there, especially more north into the sticks.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tragic that these fellows lived in tornado alley and ended up loosing their lives in some remote place in Canada where these events are seemingly rare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home