Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Lightning!

As we enter into the summer severe weather season, it warms the cockles of my heart (who knew a heart had shellfish--although I know it can sometimes be selfish--heeheehee) to see that new personal lightning detection systems are coming online. The newest one (at least newest to me) is in Regina. (I have added the link to the Weather Central information page.)

I don't think I'll end up getting one, myself, in the near future, as there are 2 good ones in the Winnipeg area already--another one would just be redundant. However, it would be nice (hint hint) to see one in the Edmonton area, and perhaps detectors in the Edson and Fort McMurray region. Just saying.

I can foresee getting a personal weather station, however, for my backyard. I live fairly close to the one that's already there in Fort Richmond, but hey--in this case, the more the merrier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home