Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thunder?

The GEM Global and the GFS are both giving us a potential for fun this weekend and again mid- to late next week: the chance for thunder.

Sunday's forecast high is 17 degrees (I don't know that it'll go that high, given the snowpack) and even if we don't reach it, what the forecast is telling us is that it's going to warm up significantly. The variation from one day to the next in the forecasts tells me that we're going to be close to a warm front. So if the warm front can set up in the right place (to our south), we may see some elevated thunderstorms Sunday afternoon.

You know me: I love thunderstorms. And to boot, after last summer's drought, my water bill and my lawn could sure use the rain.

Here's to thunderstorms! (clink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home