Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We're a go!

So we leave tomorrow morning for the chase. I don't want to jinx it, but it's actually looking WAY better than previous runs of the GFS had been portraying.

We will be likely chasing tomorrow evening in either north-central Montana or adjacent areas of Saskatchewan and/or Alberta. Then the trip will almost certainly be dropping south; the moisture is just not making it north, but the flow is going to be in good position. As it sits right now, we could be anywhere between Kansas and North Dakota for the bulk of our trip. Not bad chase territory, if you ask me. For the most part. And now that I've said it, the storms will of course be in the Black Hills. :P

Bring your passports and be ready for some driving.

If your friends and family want to follow along with our location, please have them do so at the following address:

http://www.spotternetwork.org/google.php

Because of rules with SpotterNetwork we will be broadcasting under my name--Dave Carlsen--but rest assured it's all of us, not just me.

For other updates I should be posting on this site frequently--much more frequently than I could with CoD, and much more likely with pictures, because my duties with that chase group were different.

The chase is on! :D

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger MB said...

Should I be concerned down here in Medicine Hat?

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Dave "storm structure" Carlsen said...

Yeah, I'd keep an eye to the sky tomorrow afternoon. :)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger MB said...

Great... hopefully everything misses my house, trying to sell it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home